about 2 weeks ago I acquired my very own vandercook printing press. the press is a Universal 1 with an adjustable bed and automatic wash up. The press was delivered and then I went on vacation.
I was finally able to clean it up this past weekend – I spent about 4 hours cleaning up all the grime, old ink and dust out of the press and then oiling it up. The press was sticking about midway when running along the rails but removing all the built up paper dust and oil and then relubricating it seemed to do the trick.
I am waiting for ordered ink and some other supplies before I can actually test the press out.